Estate Lawyers Toowoomba
Deceased Estate Administration
Ferrier & Co are experienced Toowoomba estate lawyers who can assist you with administering the deceased estate of a loved one. Engaging an estate lawyer to assist with professional estate administration will provide you with peace of mind during a stressful and upsetting time in your life.
Our estate lawyers can assist with a range of estate administration including:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for estate tax returns
- Family mediation and negotiation
Estate lawyers servicing Toowoomba & Darling Downs
With offices in Toowoomba and Roma, our estate lawyers assist businesses throughout the Darling Downs and Western Downs regions.
Administering the estate
Administering a deceased estate can be a complex matter and by using the services of a professional estate lawyer, you will ensure that the wishes of your loved one are carried out as they were intended.
Challenging a will
Challenging or disputing a Will can sometimes occur due to the complexity of family dynamics.
There are a number of reasons why a Will may be contested.